Mindful Practices for Parents to support healthy family relationships.
Many of our mindfulness practitioners also work very specifically with parents and family members using mindfulness practice.Through learning and practicing the techniques taught by well trained facilitators, you can learn how to:
- Develop strong attachment bonds with your children.
- Identify your emotions and be accepting of them.
- Respond mindfully to each situation as it arises rather than react automatically.
- Live in the moment through breath awareness and be more present for your children.
- Discover that thoughts are not facts and so see situations in a new light therefore relating more appropriately to everyday stresses.
- Nurture yourself through different mindfulness techniques that bring about better relaxation and better sleeping.
These courses have Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction at the foundation and are grounded in scientific evidence to teach and support parents to develop stronger bonds with their children and take care of themselves better. Having gone through childbirth and all of the beauty, wonder, stress, exhaustion and chaos that this can bring, we sometimes miss the ‘true nature’ and joy of our children when they express themselves in different ways.
To find out more about mindfulness for Parents and Families you might like to see the Mindful Parenting and Community Project