BA (Hons) QTS
MBSR TTP TTR1 and TTR2
MiSP Dotb and PawsB
Nurturing Parents – Eluned Gold
Carol Powell has been named an ‘outstanding teacher’ with an extensive career, teaching children of all ages. She has taught in state and private schools all over the world including Arizona, Namibia and the Cayman Islands.
Carol now specialises in mindfulness which plays a central role in her life. Carol is known for her kindness and for the gift that she has with children who have additional needs.
After leading a team of teachers in a special needs school she has gained valuable skills which are now utilised in the business she founded called Chatterminds.
Carol is passionate about supporting children’s mental health and also the mental health of parents. She provides a tool kit for families to navigate the highs and lows of life.
‘I’ve always known I wanted to work with children and support them, with their emotions. I absolutely love what I do and feel grateful every day that I set up Chatterminds’
Carol Powell, lover of camping, nature, cooking, a good pub roast and a pint!
What do you specialise in?
- I equip children and adults with the skills and benefits of mindfulness .
- Help children to name and recognise different emotions and how they feel in the body .
- Empower children to regulate their emotions.
- Teach children about positive friendships.
- Give children the confidence to communicate their feelings to others by standing up for themselves but still being kind.
- Help children to build resilience and self-esteem.
- Facilitate children’s understanding and acceptance of themselves.
- Help children recognise the importance and value of positive self-care.
- Equip children with tools and skills to aid their growth and well-being Foster an ethos of kindness and gratitude.